Home : Nutria Control Program : Coastwide Nutria Control Program : Application
The 2020-2021 season will open November 20, 2020
Registration begins on September 1st
Payment of $6/tail to be implemented for 2019-2020 season!
Applications for the 2020-2021 season will be available for print below. If you registered for the 2019-2020 season, we will mail an application to the address we have on file.
Click here for Application
Night time harvest of nutria is allowed throughout the CNCP season on private property, but you must receive the free permit first (this is a separate permit so pay attention to the instructions). Click here to view or print night harvest application.
Free Trapper Education Workshops offered through the department where you can learn how to safely and ethically trap furbearers, including nutria, or just freshen up your skill. Click here to learn more.
Public Property through the Office of State Lands: We've made 7 overview maps of Office of State Lands properties so you can choose wisely which properties you'd like to harvest. You may choose up to 3 properties and the detailed maps for each of your chosen properties will be mailed with your participant card. See the public lands page in the application packet for further instructions.
- 3/26/2020: Tail collections for the rest of the season have been postponed due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Current participants will be notified by phone or by mail regarding the new dates for the final collections. The season itself will remain open until March 31, 2020.
- 11/5/18: Fur dealers are buying nutria meat this season and maybe fur too!
- 11/8/18: WMA Self Clearing Permit Apps available
- 11/29/18: Danny Perry of Perry Fur received an order for 30,000 nutria pelts
- 1/15/19: Documentary about nutria in Louisiana and the CNCP featuring LDWF biologist and creator of the CNCP, the late Edmond Mouton. Watch the full film at pbs.org
Have questions about the program or application? Contact Us
View official program rules and regulations here