The 2021-2022 season opens November 20, 2021
Registration begins September 13th, 2021
Applications for the 2021-2022 season will be available for print below. If you registered for the 2020-2021 season, we will mail an application to the address we have on file.
Click Here For Application!
Night time harvest of nutria is allowed throughout the CNCP season on private property only without the need for a special permit. Check with your local law enforcement prior to shooting, some parishes may require notice.
Free Trapper Education Workshops offered through the department where you can learn how to safely and ethically trap furbearers, including nutria, or just freshen up your skill. Click here to learn more.
Public Property through the Office of State Lands: We’ve made 7 overview maps of Office of State Lands properties so you can choose wisely which properties you’d like to harvest. You may choose up to 3 properties. a detailed map of each property is available upon request, email [email protected] for maps. See the public lands page in the application packet for further instructions.
- Upper Atchafalaya Basin
- Lower Atchafalaya Basin
- Cameron Parish
- Lafourche Parish Only
- Lafourche & Terrebonne Parishes
- St.Mary & Terrebonne Parishes
- Plaquemines Parish
- Vermillion Parish
- 9/16/2021: 2021-22 applications are now available. Applications to all previous participants went out on the mail the week of September 13th. Please allow 2 weeks to receive your paperwork as recent storms have slowed down mail delivery.
- 9/1/2020: Applications are now available. If you participated in either the 2019-2020 or 2018-2019 season, then an application will be automatically mailed to the address on file. Applications will go out the first week of September. Because of COVID-19, please allow extra time for processing of applications and please follow CDC guidelines once tail collections begin.
- 3/26/2020: Tail collections for the rest of the season have been postponed due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Current participants will be notified by phone or by mail regarding the new dates for the final collections. The season itself will remain open until March 31, 2020.
- 11/5/18: Fur dealers are buying nutria meat this season and maybe fur too!
- 11/8/18: WMA Self Clearing Permit Apps available
- 11/29/18: Danny Perry of Perry Fur received an order for 30,000 nutria pelts
- 1/15/19: Documentary about nutria in Louisiana and the CNCP featuring LDWF biologist and creator of the CNCP, the late Edmond Mouton. Watch the full film at pbs.org
View official program rules and regulations here